Shakia Strategy

Go down

Shakia Strategy

Post by Jette on Thu Feb 12, 2009 12:25 pm

When fighting Shakia (Ep 1 Acts 19-21), you will have to watch out for her dangerous lightning and fire spells. These are a one-hit KO to most classes that need to train there for EXP. When it appears you are in danger, you can jump, and although you will see the spell launched, you will not take damage for most of its hits. Use this in emergencies.

Also, when she summons the minibosses when her HP is below 50%, you will need to lure them away from her or you will have a tough time fighting the battle. Lure one at a time to an area of the map where she will not hit you with lightning.

Note: There are many known bugs in this boss fight.

Pi Story:
[GS]Jette
- Level 53 Fighter, Einherjar Guild Master, Retired GameSage
Freyja - Level 31 Adventurer
Jette
Bot
Bot

Male
Number of posts : 299
Job/hobbies : Pharmacy Technician
Class : Fighter
Level :
16 / 6016 / 60

Registration date : 2009-02-04

View user profile http://profile.aeriagames.com/user/3152174

Back to top Go down

Re: Shakia Strategy

Post by Loomy on Thu Feb 12, 2009 6:19 pm

Although Shakia can be beaten while the minibosses are still alive, it can be very dangerous to try to do so until she is alone, as this triggers her attacks. This is exceptionally dangerous in act 19. Also, fighter skills (like cyclone slash) can hit her, causing her to launch an attack against you and/or your party members. But she is tame if you leave her alone. So It is best to lure the minis away from her and deal with them one at a time before resuming your attack on her.

Note:
The minis are particularly hard to lure away from Shakia in act 19, as they often will retreat back to her. You will need to stay dangerously close to them to keep luring them, or else they will flee to Shakia. Keep at it though, as it seems that if you can lure them far enough from her, they will glitch and you can treat them like a piƱata.

I would also suggest that lower levels, especially non-fighters, clear the area when Shakia's health nears 50%. When the minis are spawned, there can be lots of damage spread throughout the party. Therefore it's a good idea not to be around her when they spawn. Mages and fighters can reduce her HP together early, but when her HP total is almost at half, let a strong player finish off the first half of her HP while everyone else moves to a safe spot.

Also, since Shakia has the capability of killing most entire parties with one hit, it is a good idea to keep clerics as far away from her as possible. If someone needs healing, let them go to the cleric.
Loomy
Cho Cho
Cho Cho

Male
Number of posts : 46
Job/hobbies : Amatuer photograpy (see "website" link)
Class : Mage
Level :
38 / 6038 / 60

View user profile http://www.flickr.com/photos/20869901@N08/

Back to top Go down

Post by Shari on Thu Feb 12, 2009 6:24 pm

It's possible to defeat Shakia alone.
When you have cleared the map from all mobs, be sure all the others stay behind. Run/dash to Shakia where she stands beside her throne
and just melee attack her.
Whenever she do an animation she will cast a spell, run/dash at the opposite side of her and keep attacking.
This way the mini-bosses will never have the chance to interfere,
and you can just focus on Shakia Smile

I'm way more bored than you are...
Shari
Ecchi
Ecchi

Male
Number of posts : 192
Job/hobbies : Network Engineer
Class : Archer
Level :
21 / 6021 / 60

Registration date : 2009-02-03

View user profile http://einherjar.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Loomy on Thu Feb 12, 2009 6:31 pm

Aw, but what's the fun in that? Very Happy

Yeah, but this isn't as easy as you make it sound. I, and others, have tried it, and usually at some point, she still leaves the throne area, and winds up far enough that the minis must be dealt with.
Loomy
Cho Cho
Cho Cho

Male
Level :
38 / 6038 / 60

Back to top Go down

Post by Shari on Thu Feb 12, 2009 6:36 pm

If you fail to attack her for more than a couple of seconds she could
unglitch, or if someone else is going near her throne when you are smacking her.

I'm way more bored than you are...
Shari
Ecchi
Ecchi

Male
Number of posts : 192
Job/hobbies : Network Engineer
Class : Archer
Level :
21 / 6021 / 60

Registration date : 2009-02-03

View user profile http://einherjar.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by sanakura on Thu Feb 12, 2009 8:05 pm

eww daddy and me dont care about the minibosses we just pwn shakia with the minis around her its faster that way
sanakura
Acorn
Acorn

Female
Number of posts : 280
Class : Fighter
Level :
13 / 6013 / 60

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Loomy on Thu Feb 12, 2009 9:59 pm

Yeah, when it's safe for me to deal directly with Shakia, I usually do, even if that means missing out on EXP with the minis. I did that last week when the minis were off to the far side and I had Shakia to myself. However, the original post discusses stuff we all already know. This, and the other boss-beating threads Jette has made are for those who are just learning to play the act(s). My post that followed Jette's post should be taken in that context as well.

But the other things are good for advanced techniqes, so continue to mention them as well. I think this thread would be great to cover both aspects of playing the boss scene: handling the minis vs. staght for Shaia.
Loomy
Cho Cho
Cho Cho

Male
Level :
38 / 6038 / 60

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum