Einherjar
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Meaning Behind Your IGNs!

+9
Lyzi
PinkPi
AyaReiko
xNanaleeX
sanakura
Genki
Dakota
Shari
Jette
13 posters

Go down

The Meaning Behind Your IGNs! Empty The Meaning Behind Your IGNs!

Post by Jette Sun Feb 08, 2009 11:48 am

When you went about thinking of an IGN for Pi Story, did you chose one with any special meaning? How long did it take you to choose the name? Let's post the stories behind our in-game names here, we might learn something about eachother!

Jette is a boss in a PlayStation game called Legend of Legaia. He commands the Absolute Fortress which has the final Mist Generator in the land. He is a very sneaky fellow, and has the ability to clone himself. His normal human form has red hair but when he morphs into his fighting form he looks like a bit of an evil Jester.

Here is a pic of the human Jette. The guy on the left is Cort, brother of Noa, one of the main characters. Cort is BAMF.
The Meaning Behind Your IGNs! 23mpnol

Here is a picture of Jette, from the Boss Battle you have with him:
The Meaning Behind Your IGNs! 1zzkgm0

It took me about two hours to think of the name and finish creating the character. I am notorious for taking forever on character creation screens...

So what's your Story?
Jette
Jette
Bot
Bot

Male
Number of posts : 299
Job/hobbies : Pharmacy Technician
Class : Fighter
Level :
The Meaning Behind Your IGNs! Left_bar_bleue16 / 6016 / 60The Meaning Behind Your IGNs! Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-02-04

http://profile.aeriagames.com/user/3152174

Back to top Go down

The Meaning Behind Your IGNs! Empty Re: The Meaning Behind Your IGNs!

Post by Shari Sun Feb 08, 2009 4:26 pm

As some may know, I'm a real nerd when it comes to rpg. I was a Dungeon Master (dm) for Dungeons and Dragons 3.5.
The dm must take several roles in order to make a good story and one of my npc was named Sari.
In Final Fantasy 9, there is a village called Maiden Sari. Sari is actually an Indian female garment.
I combined Sari with Cherry and the result was Shari.
Shari is actually a real name. Although at that time, I had no idea about that. >_>

How long did it take to come up with Shari? I had trouble to come up with a cute and short name.
At first I had the thought of making a female elven name, with Quenya.
But I realized that no one would understand the word of it...
So I guess it took a couple of days until I made Shari.
Shari
Shari
Ecchi
Ecchi

Male
Number of posts : 192
Job/hobbies : Network Engineer
Class : Archer
Level :
The Meaning Behind Your IGNs! Left_bar_bleue21 / 6021 / 60The Meaning Behind Your IGNs! Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-02-03

https://einherjar.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Dakota Mon Feb 09, 2009 1:52 am

Lawls, my name was super easy. It was actually a name that I came up with for a different character on a RP board I use to play on and I really liked the character I made there and so I just stole it from myself basically XD It was my first choice even, its amazing it wasnt taken then haha.
Dakota
Dakota
Cho Cho
Cho Cho

Female
Number of posts : 11
Job/hobbies : Bum
Level :
The Meaning Behind Your IGNs! Left_bar_bleue0 / 600 / 60The Meaning Behind Your IGNs! Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by Genki Mon Feb 09, 2009 3:13 am

The story behind my first char name "Kazen" was that it was suppose to be Kaze (meaning wind in jap), but usually this name was often taken whenever i play a new mmorpg. I did have a shaman in WoW at the time name Kaze. Anyways all I did was add a "n" to Kaze becoming Kazen. The first char did not take me too long to make since the name wasn't my first time using b4 and also it was part of my account name lol.

After I had gotten tire of my mage if u had read my member intro, I decided to make a fighter name Genki. I was thinking of some names but none seem to fit wat i wanted. I ended up deciding to stay on names that start with "G", to lessen my thinking hehe. I remember someone naming Goric from WoW, I would have taken it but then I suddenly changed my mind. Then the words "gank" (a term used a lot in WoW to kill or slaughter someone), pop up in my head and then it reminded me of gangster. Also I remember the words "Genki Dama" (meaning spirit ball in jap) from dragonball. There I realize it would either turn out to be "Ganki" or "Genki", but also the fact I didn't even know "Genki Dama" was spelled out that way. There i decided to change the "a" to an "e" (since it seem to sound better) to become "Genki". Btw Genki (元気) means friendly, lively and healthy.
Genki
Genki
Cho Cho
Cho Cho

Male
Number of posts : 42
Class : Mage
Level :
The Meaning Behind Your IGNs! Left_bar_bleue0 / 600 / 60The Meaning Behind Your IGNs! Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by sanakura Mon Feb 09, 2009 4:10 am

lolz i made up my name from sana (kodomo no omocha) and sakura(cardcapter sakura) and combining them becomes sanakura
sanakura
sanakura
Acorn
Acorn

Female
Number of posts : 280
Level :
The Meaning Behind Your IGNs! Left_bar_bleue13 / 6013 / 60The Meaning Behind Your IGNs! Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by xNanaleeX Wed Feb 11, 2009 11:57 pm

well, when I first started Pi Story I made a mage named xLyria and I named it the same name I used in another mmorpg. I started to really not like being a mage and I really wanted to be a fighter, one cause their strong and I wanted more HP xD and two I loved the fighter stance haha so I quit my mage at lvl 14 and made Nana. Since I love Code Geass I just decided to take Nunnallys' name because it's so pretty. But, when I made it I had no idea how it was spelled xD so I spelled it Nanalee and added X's to it to make it look prettier O.o haha and my cleric, Yufie, same thing >_> supposed to be Euphie but spelled it wrong. lulz
xNanaleeX
xNanaleeX
Fox
Fox

Female
Number of posts : 75
Level :
The Meaning Behind Your IGNs! Left_bar_bleue13 / 6013 / 60The Meaning Behind Your IGNs! Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by AyaReiko Thu Feb 12, 2009 9:23 am

Hmm...my AyaReiko name is from Sailor moon stars, one of the "villian Senshi her name is Sailor Aluminum Siren, her name she uses is Aya Reiko when in "non senshi form". I can't remember what it means..so when I find It I'll edit this post..>.>'

pic: clicky
AyaReiko
AyaReiko
Cho Cho
Cho Cho

Female
Number of posts : 20
Level :
The Meaning Behind Your IGNs! Left_bar_bleue22 / 6022 / 60The Meaning Behind Your IGNs! Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-02-07

http://ayareiko.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by PinkPi Fri Feb 13, 2009 3:49 am

Lol first of all I hate the color pink xDD

Okay so aftermaking my character with Pink hair and Red skirt and black shirt and pale skin with blue eyes I looked like a Pinkies and then I combine Pinky with Pi so PinkPi was made lol.

My favorite colors are black and red and green xDD

Last edited by PinkPi on Fri Feb 13, 2009 3:51 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Eww theres a reason for editing? =___=;;; Bc I mis-spell thngs alot bwahahahahah)
PinkPi
PinkPi
Cho Cho
Cho Cho

Female
Number of posts : 30
Job/hobbies : School...still I wanna work in Hot Topic or Barnes and Nobles
Level :

Registration date : 2009-02-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Lyzi Tue Feb 17, 2009 4:46 am

._. my name is Elizabeth and I used to spell my nickname as Lizzy but then I wanted to be different so I spell it Lyzi now, lol
Very Happy I'm so newb <3
Lyzi
Lyzi
Cho Cho
Cho Cho

Female
Number of posts : 19
Job/hobbies : Set up at a banquet hall
Level :
The Meaning Behind Your IGNs! Left_bar_bleue33 / 6033 / 60The Meaning Behind Your IGNs! Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-02-06

http://profile.aeriagames.com/user/3343981

Back to top Go down

Post by Andee Mon Mar 09, 2009 1:39 am

Hmm... so.. yeah I'm kinda different xD.

I started exploring the world of chat at around the age of 13, where I would go into a random Yahoo! chat and go into the anime section and talk with older gals. LOL.

Anywho, back then my ID was ChibiDarien28 ... (sailor moon was popular at the time xD). And I met this gal named Gloria who was a year or two older than me (this was when i was around 16 or so). She had an AIM screen name called Bag Lady Glor. And I thought that was neat and was going to make Bag Boy Anthony ... but that didn't sound like it went together, so i made Bag Boy Andrew (cuz we bag groceries and live in bags [but i never worked in a grocery store before]). Therefore people started calling me andrew but i was like FAWK THAT, so call me Andy instead. So when i started playing counterstrike and gunbound, and Andy was too popular, so i changed it a bit and BAM

Andee was born.

(PS: I remember writing all the yahoo accounts i had, and it totaled to over 140)

Andee

Male
Number of posts : 6
Level :

Back to top Go down

Post by Aruk Mon Mar 09, 2009 2:29 am

Mine's not too complicated. My fighter, Kavun, is the Japanese word for the border between light and darkness. I figured it fit since my attitude changes between good to evil frequently (i know, a little unstable...). After a while I decided to try out the mage class, so I made Aruk. His name came from Yu-Gi-Oh. Back when it was popular, ppl used to tell me I reminded them of Bakura because of my personality changes, and some actually started calling me Kura. I wanted to use that name, but someone had already taken it (Baku-chan...) so i spelled it backwards, and that's how Aruk was born.

Last edited by Aruk on Mon Mar 09, 2009 2:31 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : too many is's...)
Aruk
Aruk
Cho Cho
Cho Cho

Male
Number of posts : 14
Job/hobbies : Computer-Obsessed
Class : Archer
Level :

Registration date : 2009-02-19

Back to top Go down

Post by PinkPi Wed Mar 11, 2009 6:09 am

Lulz Aruk that ssoo cool ><

Aruk <-> Kura?

Kura has a clone x3

And Andee you said something completely different in Pi story xD

You said your name was like Andrew in something but ppl called you Andy but you wanted to be creative and you decided to name yourself Andee!

You so lie
PinkPi
PinkPi
Cho Cho
Cho Cho

Female
Number of posts : 30
Job/hobbies : School...still I wanna work in Hot Topic or Barnes and Nobles
Level :

Back to top Go down

Post by Squalo Tue Mar 17, 2009 6:31 pm

Um, mine's easy.. i like villain characters and i love Katekyo Hitman Reborn, so here's Squalo, ex-leader of Vongola Assasination Squad Varia

The Meaning Behind Your IGNs! Squalo2
Squalo
Squalo
Cho Cho
Cho Cho

Male
Number of posts : 13
Job/hobbies : Anime, Manga, Games
Level :

Registration date : 2009-03-17

Back to top Go down

Post by terechan Wed Apr 08, 2009 12:10 am

lols mine is pretty simple. Me so love anime and jap drama, so i wanted to use a name with chan in the end, cause its cute xD
Teresa-chan didnt sound cute, so i cut some letters so i thought of tere-chan. But we couldnt use "-" so it ended up as terechan ^^
Btw, it wasnt the 1st time i used this ign, i used it in Wonderland Online >.<
terechan
terechan
Cho Cho
Cho Cho

Female
Number of posts : 38
Level :

Registration date : 2009-03-31

Back to top Go down

Post by Jette Fri Apr 10, 2009 6:50 am

There is little reason to continue this thread to discuss IGNs in Pi. I'll make a similar thread in the Dragonica sub-forum or maybe in the General Discussion sub-forum. Feel free to copy and paste your IGN's explanation from this thread into the new one!

Locky-locky!
Jette
Jette
Bot
Bot

Male
Number of posts : 299
Job/hobbies : Pharmacy Technician
Level :
The Meaning Behind Your IGNs! Left_bar_bleue16 / 6016 / 60The Meaning Behind Your IGNs! Right_bar_bleue

http://profile.aeriagames.com/user/3152174

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down